Can you debug JSP files?
You can use the debugger to detect and diagnose errors in your application. You can control the execution of your program by setting breakpoints, suspending threads, stepping through the code, and examining the contents of the variables.
How do I debug Firefox browser?
Open the debugger
- Select “Debugger” from the Web Developer submenu in the Firefox Menu (or Tools menu if you display the menu bar or are on Mac OS X)
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Z on Windows and Linux, or Cmd + Opt + Z on macOS (starting in Firefox 71; prior to Firefox 66, the letter in this shortcut was S).
In developer’s tool, click the tab “Debugger”. It lists all . js files which might contain the function you are looking for.
Where do I find developer tools in Firefox?
You can open the Firefox Developer Tools from the menu by selecting Tools > Web Developer > Web Developer Tools or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + I or F12 on Windows and Linux, or Cmd + Opt + I on macOS.
How do I edit the source code of a web page in Firefox?
Type or copy & paste “view_source. editor. path” (without the quote marks) into the Filter Address Bar. Once the about:config entry is displayed, right click on the entry and select “Modify”.
How do I debug JSP in developer tools?
Debug the JSP
- Right-click in Source view and select Debug As > Debug on Server. The process is the same as for running an application.
- Click OK to restart in Debug mode.
- In the JSP Debugger dialog click Yes.
- The application starts to run.
Can we debug JSP in browser?
To debug a JSP or servlet, you can debug sun. servlet. http. HttpServer, then observe as HttpServer executes the JSP/servlets in response to HTTP requests we make from a browser.
Where are developer tools in Firefox?
How do I get developer tools?
To open the developer console in Google Chrome, open the Chrome Menu in the upper-right-hand corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Developer Tools. You can also use Option + ⌘ + J (on macOS), or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/Linux).
- Step 1: Reproduce the bug.
- Step 2: Get familiar with the Sources panel UI.
- Step 3: Pause the code with a breakpoint.
- Step 4: Step through the code.
- Step 5: Set a line-of-code breakpoint.
- Step 6: Check variable values. Method 1: The Scope pane. Method 2: Watch Expressions.
- Step 7: Apply a fix.
- Next steps.
Is there a way to debug a JSP?
To debug a JSP or servlet, you can debug sun.servlet.http.HttpServer, then observe as HttpServer executes the JSP/servlets in response to HTTP requests we make from a browser. This is very similar to how applets are debugged.
Is the debugger API available to Chrome code?
How to debug web applications with Firefox betterexained?
ColorZilla gives you a dropper that can find the hex RGB value (#123456) of anything on the page. This is great when designing, and you want to match a font color to a color in your page. This is way faster than taking a screenshot and opening it up in Photoshop.