How can I make my classroom fun online?
7 Ways to make fun and engaging online lessons
- Break down the lesson and make it digestible.
- Adapt in-class activities to the virtual classroom.
- Make your students feel valued.
- Set goals and help your students stick to them.
- Use technology to your advantage!
- Present your best (online) self.
- Bring fun into the classroom.
How do you create a classroom game?
Top 10 Classroom Games
- Charades. This simple but classic game is a great way to encourage your student to get out of their seats and participate in the lesson.
- Draw swords.
- Hot potato.
How do I incorporate an online game into the classroom?
5 Ways to Incorporate Games and Game Elements into Your Classroom
- Use old board games as a way to incorporate academic content.
- Play war with a deck of playing cards.
- Use choice boards to encourage creativity and exploration.
- Use drama as an option for expressing ideas.
- Use video games as learning tools.
What activities can be done in online classes?
10 online learning activities that keep students motivated and…
- Real-world case studies. Teaching often requires examples to show certain principles in action.
- Online debates.
- Whiteboard teaching.
- Classroom newspaper.
- Trivia competitions.
- Comic strip.
- Video newscast.
- Google Earth scavenger hunt.
How do you make a zoom class fun?
Here are 25 strategies to engage students on your next Zoom meeting:
- Share your screen.
- Use the Whiteboard feature.
- Create breakout rooms for collaboration.
- Virtual backgrounds can be more than just fun.
- Play “I Spy” Backgrounds.
- Scavenger Hunts.
- Live Quiz or Trivia.
- Survey your students.
How do I make my online class less boring?
10 simple ways to make your online course videos less boring
- Laugh right before you start each take.
- Tell some funny stories.
- Do a demonstration or experiment.
- Include some funny videos from youtube.
- Use graphics, cutaways, b-roll or other things to showcase what you’re talking about.
What games can I play virtually with students?
List of online classroom games
- Digital Scavenger Hunt. Digital Scavenger Hunt is a game where the teacher compiles a list of items and activities that students complete by a given time.
- Virtual Pictionary.
- Virtual Trivia.
- Virtual Musical Chairs.
- Summer Book Club.
- Geography Puzzles.
- Virtual Game Show.
What games can you play over Zoom with students?
30 Fun Games to Play on Zoom with Students
- Hangman. Let’s kick this off with a simple game – Hangman!
- Zoomed in Picture Guessing Game. Get your class guessing by asking them to record their guesses as to what the zoomed-in photos are of.
- The A-Z Game.
- Compound Word Quiz.
- I Spy.
- Logo Quiz.
- Guess the Sound.
How to create digital game activities for the remote classroom?
For the games mentioned below, you can just sign up for BookWidgets and choose a “game widget”. These are exercise templates. Just add your educational content, and BookWidgets will do the rest.
How can I make my classroom more interactive?
Build interest and engagement with interactive formats that students can play from any computer, tablet, or smartphone. The game templates are designed to be flexible and work with any curriculum. Play demo versions of each game, then use your content to build interactive review games for students that are engaging and fun to play.
What kind of games can I play in my classroom?
You enter your content in a game format of your choice: Baseball, Build Your Fortune, Matching, Tic-Tac-Toe, Jeopardy, Hangman, LearningLand, Quiz, Game Show, Bingo, TimeOut, and Spin to Win. Students can play from any computer, tablet, or smart phone. You decide how long the game should be by the number of questions you enter.
What can I do with my online classroom?
A great way to have fun with an online classroom is to get out of the classroom. You can take your students on a virtual adventure of places like the Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal and Machu Picchu. Some locations of live facilitated options, while others are fully digital.