How do I change the tray settings on my HP printer?
Step one: Configure the tray settings
- Click the Copy/Print or Print tab.
- Open the Manage Trays menu.
- Modify the tray settings. To set the paper size and type for a tray, complete the following procedure: In the area labeled Trays, click the Modify link next to the name of the tray.
- Click Apply to save the settings.
How do I get my HP printer to print from different trays?
In the application from which you want to print, select File > Print. Select PublicPrint, then click Properties. In the Properties window, click the Detailed Settings tab. In the Input Tray dropdown menu, select the tray from which you want to print.
Why does my HP printer keep defaulting to Tray 1?
Manually load paper tray 1 can be caused by two things; either a setting in the print driver on the computer prompting the message, or because the printer menu’s manual feed option is turned on.
How do I connect my HP Laserjet 4250 to my computer?
Plug the USB cable into the printer. Plug the other end of the USB cable into the computer….You can use the embedded Web server to view or change IP configuration settings.
- Print a configuration page.
- Type the IP address into the address line of a Web browser to open the embedded Web server.
Why is my HP printer not picking up paper?
The paper might not be engaged with the feed rollers. The paper-width guide is pressed against the paper stack too tightly. The paper tray is not completely inserted into the product. The paper settings in the print driver do not match the paper loaded in the paper tray.
How do I change my printer from Tray 1 to Tray 2?
Right-click your product, and then select Printing Preferences. From the Printing Preferences menu, select Paper/Quality. From the Paper Source drop-down menu, select Tray 2.
How do I adjust my printer tray?
To change the tray settings from the printer control panel:
- At the printer control panel, log in as administrator, then press the Home button.
- Touch Device > Paper Trays.
- Select a tray.
- To set the level of restriction on the paper tray, touch Tray Mode and select an option.
How do I change printer tray on Mac?
For Mac OS X
- Open the file to print.
- Select [Print] from the [File] menu.
- Select [Print Options] from the panel menu.
- Check the [Tray Switch] check box in the [Feed] tab.
- Change other settings if necessary, and then click [Print]. Memo.
How do I get my printer to print from different trays?
NOTE: The steps may differ depending on your application.
- From within your application, click File => Print.
- Click Properties.
- Click on the Basic tab.
- In the Paper Source dropdown choose the Tray that you want to print from.
- Click Apply => OK.
- Click OK or PRINT, depending on your application.
Is the HP LaserJet 4250 printing to the correct tray?
One printer that points to Tray 2 called HPPOST_Forms and the other printer points to Tray 3 called HPPOST. I can not get the two printers setup to reliably print to their correct respective trays. Some users are printing correctly, others will only ever print to one tray.
Why is my HP LaserJet not printing from the correct tray?
The way it is currently setup is that there are two printers shared on the server, both linked to the print device above. One printer that points to Tray 2 called HPPOST_Forms and the other printer points to Tray 3 called HPPOST. I can not get the two printers setup to reliably print to their correct respective trays.
Is there a printer that will not print to Tray 3?
UNFORTUNATELY, the printer still WILL NOT print to tray 3. I even have it selected to print a legal document from Tray 3 (from the prining que/screen)
What is the paper tray on a HP printer?
Tray 1 is a paper tray – it’s the flap that pulls down and allows you to load paper, envelopes, etc. M542dw doesn’t seem to be a valid printer model. Whoops, I just changed it to HP Color LaserJet Pro M452dw. Thanks for the correction.