How do I change to prepaid electricity in Durban?
- Visit one of our Customer Service Centres and fill in a blue application form.
- Your completed application will be captured, referenced and forwarded to the relevant department for technical analysis and costing.
- Once payment has been received, your application will be confirmed.
How do I check the status of my prepaid meter?
If you want to check your prepaid balance or know the amount of total credit used, press 07 on your prepaid keypad and hit the blue button. Your available balance will be displayed on the screen in this format (150.15). This is how to recharge and check balance on your prepaid meter without any difficulty.
How do I find my lost electricity token?
How can I get my previously purchased Tokens? SMS “LAST ELEC” to 32904 to Receive an sms with your previous electricity tokens or Look up your previously purchased electricity tokens now by going to the check your last token page. sms’s are charged at Standard VAS rates.
How do I register my prepaid electricity meter?
To register a meter, visit an Eskom office with the ID number of the person in whose name the meter is to be registered, the pole number of the pole feeding their home and if possible, the meter number of an immediate neighbour whose meter is registered on the system.
How do I register for municipal eThekwini municipality?
How To Register. To register please click here to download and print the registration form. Fill in the form and fax it to +27 31 266 6054 or e-mail it to [email protected]
How do I change my electricity to prepaid?
The following documents are mandatory when applying for a prepaid electricity meter:
- I.D document of applicant.
- Proof of ownership.
- Authority from landlord – proxy letter, I.D copy & I.D copy. of the landlord.
- Registered contractor details.
- Open an account with a refundable deposit of R100. CLICK HERE TO ENTER.
How do I check my electricity balance?
Other Ways of Checking Electricity Bill Amount Online
- Visit the official website of the electricity board.
- Log in using your credentials.
- Locate the ‘View Bill’ option and click on it.
- Enter your customer identification number and other details.
- Enter Captcha (if there is one) and click on ‘Proceed/Submit’
How do I check my meter number?
You will find the meter number on the face of your electricity meter. On a digital meter the meter number is found below the consumption screen. The meter number on an analog meter is found at the bottom of the electricity meter.
How do I know my meter token number?
To do this, simply go to your token meter box and input the code 804 (Hexing) / 100 (Conlog) / Shenzen (65) then press the enter symbol. If successful, your 11-digit account number will be displayed on the screen.
How can I see my last token?
How To Recover Kenya Power Token Messages
- On your mobile phone, dial *977#
- Navigate to “Prepaid Services”
- Select “Latest Token”
- Enter your Prepaid meter account number.
- Then hit “Send”
How do I activate my meter number?
KPLC meters activation can be done from the comfort of your home through purchasing tokens via M-PESA and AirtelMoney….M-PESA.
- Enter KPLC prepaid business number 888880 or 88888.
- Enter your 11 digit meter number.
- Enter amount between 250 and 35,000.
- Enter your M-Pesa pin.
How much power does eThekwini buy from Eskom?
We purchase approximately 11 000 gWh of power annually from Eskom at 275 000 volts. eThekwini Electricity transforms and redistributes this power to approximately 700 000 customers, ranging from the large sophisticated customer supplied at 132 000 volts, to the rural and peri-urban informal communities supplied at 230V.
How to get a prepayment meter from eThekwini?
Once completed, a pro-forma invoice detailing the costs, installation specifications and a metercard will be posted to you. Note: Refer to eThekwini Electricity’s Schedule of Connection Fees and Charges for estimated connection costs. 3. Once payment has been received, your application will be confirmed.
Where does eThekwini get its electricity from?
EThekwini Electricity also purchases electricity from Eskom for Tongaat, Winkelspruit, Mpumalanga and Magabeni. From these points it is transmitted and distributed for use by the full spectrum of customers ranging from the large, industrial and commercial sector to the residential communities.
Where can I buy electricity token in Durban?
By taking simple precautions, electrical fires, injury and loss of life can be avoided. Meter tokens can be purchased from over 600 vendors within eThekwini Municipality. Once you have purchased your token, you will receive a slip with a 20 digit number printed on it. This slip is called a prepayment electricity token.