How do I contact DC government?
Call the 24-hour Hotline at (202) 673-4464.
How many government agencies are in Washington DC?
Departments. As of 2019, there are 23 departments within the Government of the District of Columbia, two of which are public safety agencies.
What government offices are in Washington DC?
DC Federal Buildings
- National Archives. 7th & Pennsylvania Avenue, NW.
- Veterans Administration. 810 Vermont Avenue, NW.
- Department of Education Headquarters. Fourth and C Streets, SW.
- Commerce. 14th & Constitution Avenue, NW.
- E. Barrett Prettyman Courthouse.
- Court of Military Appeals.
- White House.
- Federal Trade Commission.
How do I contact the mayor of DC?
Executive Office of the Mayor
- Headquarters Address: 1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. GIS Address: 1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. City: Washington. State: DC. Zip: 20004.
- Agency Contact Email: [email protected]
- Agency Contact Phone: (202) 727-2643.
- Agency Contact TTY: 711.
- FOIA Contact Email:
- Leadership Biographies: Muriel Bowser.
Why is Washington, DC called DC?
Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. The new federal territory was named District of Columbia to honour explorer Christopher Columbus, and the new federal city was named for George Washington.
Who owns the District of Columbia?
The Constitution dictates that the federal district be under the jurisdiction of the US Congress. Washington, DC operates as a state while also performing functions of a city and a county. We are treated as a state in more than 500 federal laws.
How is DC government organized?
The District of Columbia Government consists of three branches of government: Executive, Legislative, and Judicial. Although local officials have the authority to pass laws and govern local affairs, the United States Congress maintains the power to overturn local laws.
Who runs Washington DC?
A locally elected mayor and a 13-member council have governed the district since 1973. Congress maintains supreme authority over the city and may overturn local laws. D.C. residents elect a non-voting, at-large congressional delegate to the House of Representatives, but the district has no representation in the Senate.
Where does mayor of DC live?
The mayor of the District of Columbia has no official residence, although the establishment of one has been proposed several times in the years since the office was established in 1974.
How do I email Muriel Bowser?
District of Columbia
- Official Name: District of Columbia.
- Governor: Mayor Muriel Bowser.
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact: Contact the District of Columbia Government.
- Phone Number: 202-727-2643.