How do I drop a user in Oracle?
- Use the DROP USER statement to remove a database user and optionally remove the user’s objects. When you drop a user, Oracle Database also purges all of that user’s schema objects from the recycle bin.
How can I tell who dropped a user in Oracle?
- You can query v$segment_statistics joined to v$statname to look at a variety of statistics about the table segments.
- You can query dba_hist_seg_stat rather than v$segment_statistics .
- You can look at dba_dependencies to see if any objects depend on objects owned by the user in question.
How do you drop a user in PL SQL?
If the user does not own any objects in its schema, you could execute the following DROP USER statement: DROP USER smithj; This would drop the user called smithj. This DROP USER statement will only run if smithj does not own any objects in its schema.
How do I drop a user in SQL Plus?
If you want to delete a user account and its associated schema, you can log in as SYSTEM and use the DROP USER command as shown in the following example: >. \bin\sqlplus /nolog SQL> connect SYSTEM/fyicenter Connected. SQL> DROP USER DEV CASCADE; User dropped.
How do I drop a table in Oracle?
Oracle DROP TABLE
- First, indicate the table and its schema that you want to drop after the DROP TABLE clause.
- Second, specify CASCADE CONSTRAINTS clause to remove all referential integrity constraints which refer to primary and unique keys in the table.
How do I drop all objects in a schema in Oracle?
The query below will return a statement that can be used to drop all the tables which are present in the current user A’s schema (normal scenario). select ‘drop ‘||object_type||’ ‘|| object_name || ‘;’ from user_objects where object_type in (‘VIEW’,’PACKAGE’,’SEQUENCE’, ‘PROCEDURE’, ‘FUNCTION’, ‘INDEX’);
How do I drop a sequence in Oracle?
The syntax to a drop a sequence in Oracle is: DROP SEQUENCE sequence_name; sequence_name. The name of the sequence that you wish to drop.
What happens when we drop a table in Oracle?
Dropping a table removes the table definition from the data dictionary. All rows of the table are no longer accessible. All indexes and triggers associated with a table are dropped. All synonyms for a dropped table remain, but return an error when used.
How do I drop a SQL schema?
Use the DROP SCHEMA command to drop a schema. When you drop a schema, you drop all the objects defined within that schema. You cannot drop a schema if it is being accessed in other user sessions or if it is the default schema of the database.