How do I get a dot number in Iowa?

U.S. DOT number Intrastate for-hire carriers need to contact the Iowa DOT’s Office of Vehicle & Motor Carrier Services at 515-237-3268 for an application and assistance in obtaining intrastate operating authority and a USDOT-IA number.

Do I need a DOT number in Iowa?

You are required to register for an Iowa DOT Number for a vehicle used in your commercial business has a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 26,001-lbs and over, or for a truck and trailer with Combined Gross Weights of 26,001-lbs and over – referred to as Gross Combined Weight Ratings (GCWR).

How do I apply for a DOT number?

To request the forms by telephone: You can call 1-800-832-5660 to have a form(s) mailed to you. Once you have completed the MCS-150, OP-1 (MX) and BOC-3 forms, you must print the completed forms, sign them, and mail them to the address indicated in the instructions for each form.

Can you still haul 90000 lbs in Iowa?

The Governor’s proclamation provides relief for the following: Allows a vehicle to move overweight loads up to 90,000 pounds without needing to obtain a permit, except on the interstate system (Iowa Code § 321E and Iowa Administrative Code 761 – 511).

Can I get a DOT number without insurance?

The DOT Number is issued for free. The MC Number has a $300 fee. You will pay this fee to the FMCSA.

What size truck requires a DOT number?

In general, a USDOT Number is required if you are operating in interstate commerce and meet the following criteria: You have vehicles that are over 10,000 lbs. (GVWR, GCWR, GVW or GCW) You transport between 9 and 15 passengers (including the driver) for compensation, whether direct or indirect.

How do I apply for a DOT number online?

Visit the unified registration website. If you do not have a DOT number, you must apply for one online. This is the only method that new applicants can acquire a number. Navigate to:

How much does it cost to get a DOT number and MC number?

Registering under the FMCSA to obtain your DOT and MC numbers costs $300. You can hire another company to help for a set extra cost, but it may be worth it to know that your paperwork will be done correctly.

How to contact the Iowa Department of motor carrier?

Mail, on-line, county treasurer (please note: many county treasuer offices are closed or are not conducting business as usual. It is suggested that you contact the location you plan to visit before making the trip.), or make an appointment to come to the Ankeny office (payment required)

Where is the Iowa DOT motor vehicle division?

Be sure to bring a completed application, or all the information required to complete and application. Payment is required at time of application. The Office of Vehicle & Motor Carrier Services is located inside the Iowa DOT’s Motor Vehicle Division offices at 6310 SE Convenience Blvd., Ankeny, Iowa 50021.

How to apply for a car in Iowa?

Contact the Office of Vehicle & Motor Carrier Services for assistance at [email protected], or call us at 515-237-3268. All paperwork must be submitted by fax, email, mail, or dropped off. Once all necessary paperwork is filled out properly and documents received, the applications will be processed within three business days.

Are there permit services doing business with the Iowa DOT?

Below is a list of permit services doing business with the Iowa DOT. There will be a service fee in addition to state permit charges. The listing is in alphabetical order. The Iowa DOT does not endorse or recommend one service over another.