How do I get a marriage license in Suffolk County NY?
A couple who intends to be married in New York State must apply in person for a marriage license to any town or city clerk in the state. The application for a license must be signed by both applicants in the presence of the town or city clerk. A representative cannot apply for the license on behalf of the applicant.
Where can I get married in Suffolk County?
Suffolk County Town Clerks Offices
- Town of Huntington. 100 Main Street.
- Shelter Island Town Clerk. 38 North Ferry Road.
- Southampton Town Clerk. 116 Hampton Road.
- Town Clerk of Brookhaven. 205 South Ocean Avenue.
- Town of East Hampton. 159 Pantigo Road.
- Town of Riverhead. 200 Howell Avenue.
- Town of Smithtown.
- Southold Town Clerk.
Do I need an appointment to get marriage license?
The easiest place to go for your marriage license is the county clerk’s office. “If all documentation is in order, you can plan to spend about an hour there,” says Hanes. You can even try to make an appointment beforehand so that you don’t have to wait too long.
What do you need for NY marriage license?
Marriage Requirements for New York, NY License:
- Both parties must appear at the office of the city or town clerk in person, together and at the same time to obtain a marriage license.
- Your photo identity documentation must be current and valid.
- Provide documentation of previous marriages.
- Decide on your surname.
How do I apply for a marriage license online?
Couples applying for a marriage license ONLINE must:
- Fill out the Clerk’s Online Marriage Application.
- Appear together at one of the Clerk’s six Vital Records locations.
- Inform the clerk that you filled out your application online.
- Present valid identification with proof of age.
- Sign the marriage license application.
How long does it take to get a marriage license in NY?
It can take anywhere from 1-6 weeks to get your Certificate of Marriage mailed to you. If you wish to speed up this process, one of you can go back to the clerks office (it doesn’t have to be both of you this time) and they will issue you your Certificate of Marriage instantly without any additional fees.
How do I get married on Long Island NY?
All applicants intending to marry in New York State must both apply in person for a marriage license at any town or city clerk’s office within their state. The legal age to obtain a marriage license without parental consent is 18 years of age. Under age 14, a marriage license cannot be issued.
Are marriage licenses public record?
A marriage license is a public record. Although not always associated with marriage, a type of record oftentimes associated with marriage is a birth certificate. Unlike a marriage license, state laws across the United States are more restrictive about who can have access to a birth certificate.
Can you look up marriage records?
If you have been wondering if you can look up marriage records the short answer is yes. As a matter of speaking marriage records are public records and part of vital records family of death, birth, and divorce records. These vital records are managed and stored at the county clerk’s office.
What is a public marriage certificate?
A marriage certificate (also known as marriage record or certified certificate of marriage) is an official recorded document issued by a governmental authority that proves that the couple listed on the marriage certificate have a legal marriage. In most areas, a marriage record is part of the public record.
How do you get a marriage license in California?
The general requirements for obtaining a marriage license in California are as follows: Go to the Clerk’s Office: The first step in getting married is to apply for a license at the county clerk’s office in your county. Proof of Age: A valid California I.D, driver’s license,…