How do I get my W2 from the Army after discharge?

If you’ve separated within 13 months, you can login to your myPay account to get your W2. If you can’t access your myPay account, you can submit a tax statement request via askDFAS and we’ll mail you a hard copy.

How do I get a copy of my military W2?

Military members:

  1. Call the Military Pay customer care center (1-888-332-7411) to request a corrected W-2.
  2. Use AskDFAS; clickable icons are located on the myPay and DFAS homepages.
  3. Military finance offices can provide assistance in correcting tax statement information.

How do I get old leave and earning statements?

For copies of an LES greater than one year old, call 888-332-7411 and choose option #2. To send your request via e-mail, please click on the askDFAS icon located in the top right hand corner of the home page. Reserve Navy Service Members: Your LES’s for the past 13 months are available on myPay.

Can the army mail my W2?

If you want to have your tax documents mailed you need to request that online….2020 W-2 Distribution Schedule.

Document Date available on myPay
Reserve Army, Navy, Air Force W-2 Jan. 8, 2021
Reserve & Active Marine Corps W-2 Jan. 13, 2021
Federal Civilian Employee W-2 Jan. 20, 2021
Active Army, Navy, Air Force W-2 Jan. 25, 2021

Does the VA send out W2?

VA benefits are not taxable; therefore, VA does not send out 1099 forms. If you need a statement of benefits paid, please contact your VA Regional Office.

How can I access myPay without a CAC card?

you can access myPay any time after you receive your first paycheck by clicking “Smart Card Login” on the myPay home page. DoD employees that DO NOT have access to a Smart Card Reader: you will receive your temporary password by mail at your home address of record.

How can I get a copy of my W2 from previous years?

If you can’t get your Form W-2 from your employer and you previously attached it to your paper tax return, you can order a copy of the entire return from the IRS for a fee. Complete and mail Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return along with the required fee. Allow 75 calendar days for us to process your request.

How do I request military pay records?

Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) records: For further information call the VA Toll Free number 1-800-827-1000. Pay records: If available at all, these would be at the various Department of Defense Finance Centers.

How do I get my military pay stubs?

First, you must access the MyPay website by going to Second, you must have your social security number or your MyPay Login ID. First time users may log in with their social security number and will then be required to create a Login ID.

Does the VA send out w2?

How can I get a copy of my w2 from previous years?

Do disabled veterans have to file taxes?

Disability benefits you receive from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) aren’t taxable. You don’t need to include them as income on your tax return. Tax-free disability benefits include: disability compensation and pension payments for disabilities paid either to veterans or their families.

When do I get my W2 from the Army?

Your W2 from the army should arrive by Jan 31 – as Mr. Cave indicates. If not, you should contact DFAS. IRS also recommends that in cases where you cannot obtain a W2, you can estimate the information on your W2, which in your case should be pretty easy. Also, it is interesting that you received a general discharge after a month of service.

How to get a W2 for a separated soldier?

Army, Navy, Air Force (reserve, active & National Guard) can call 888-332-7411 for assistance obtaining or correcting a W-2. Marine Corps separated members requiring a W2 should call 888-332-7411.

How to get a W2 for the Marine Corps?

Army, Navy, Air Force (reserve, active & National Guard) can call 888-332-7411 for assistance obtaining or correcting a W-2. Marine Corps separated members requiring a W2 should call 888-332-7411. (Select Option #2) For a 1099R for Thrift Savings Plan distributions, call 887-968-3778.

How to request tax documents for military members?

When calling the phone system, use the following when prompted by the automated system: 1 (Self-Service Support), 1 (Request Tax Documents), 2 (Military Member). When asked, enter your 9-digit SSN using your phone keypad. You will be asked to select a W2 from the most recent to one from the preceding 4 years.