How do I install WMI compatible with IIS 6?
Enabling IIS 6 Configuration Compatibility
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Expand the Internet Information Services item.
- Expand the Web Management Tools item.
- Expand the IIS 6 Management Compatibility item.
What is IIS 6.0 Manager?
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0, the Web-server component of Windows . The new Web server component builds on earlier versions and adds better reliability, security, and manageability—strengths that should appeal to businesses serving Microsoft technology-based Web sites.
How do I access IIS Manager?
To open IIS Manager from the Desktop.
- On the desktop, hover the mouse cursor in the upper right corner of the screen, and then click Settings.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click System and Security, and then click Administrative Tools.
- In the Administrative Tools window, double-click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
How do I deploy a self-signed certificate?
Import the self-signed certificate to the client Windows computer.
- On the Windows computer, start MMC (mmc.exe).
- Add the Certificates snap-in for the computer account and manage certificates for the local computer.
- Import the self-signed certificate into Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates.
Where do I install IIS 6 metabase compatibility?
To resolve this problem, install the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility component on the destination computer, and then rerun Microsoft Exchange Setup. Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager. In the navigation pane, expand Roles, right-click Web Server (IIS), and then click Add Role Services.
Where can I find IIS 6.0 management tools?
Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs and Features, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. Open Internet Information Services. Open Web Management Tools. Open IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility.
Which is the companion tool for IIS 6.0?
The companion IIS 6.0 Resource Kit Tools are a collection of software tools that will help you complete the necessary tasks to deploy, migrate, administer, secure, and manage your IIS 6.0 solution.
Where is the invalid site object in IIS 6.0?
In IIS 6.0, such a call would have created an invalid site object in configuration. In IIS 7.0 and above, it is kept in the section, which is not consumed by the server.