How do you mount an outdoor weather station?
Ideally mounted at a height of 4 to 6 feet above the ground. Ideally located at a horizontal distance of 4 times the height of the nearest obstruction. Ensure the gauge is mounted level to the ground, away from any horizontal surface that can introduce rain-splashing or surrounding snow buildup.
How do you mount a weather station?
Many homeowners install their weather station on top of their roof or on the eaves using tripods or side mounts. Do not mount it too close to the surface of the roof. It must be well above the roofline—preferably by as much as 10 feet—so there is no interference with the readings.
Where do you mount a wind sensor?
Wind Speed and Direction
- The standard wind measurement should be taken at 10 meters (33 feet) above the ground. A roof-top works the best. Try to place the anemometer as high as is convenient.
- Try to make the anemometer the highest object around. 7 feet or more above the surrounding obstructions is best.
How accurate is La Crosse weather station?
The TX60/TX70 temperature ranges are similar to all La Crosse Technology sensors. Temperatures range from -39.8°F to 139.8°F and Humidity ranges are 3% to 99% (%RH).
Where should I place my temperature sensor?
It’s best to put your temperature sensor:
- In a room where you spend a lot of time, such as your bedroom or living room.
- About chest high.
- Within a maximum of 50 feet (15 m) of your thermostat, so the sensor and thermostat can communicate wirelessly.
How do I connect my weather station to weather Underground?
How to set up sharing with Weather Underground
- From the top menu, select Settings > Share Weather > Weather Underground.
- Select Add.
- Enter your Weather Underground Station ID.
- Enter your Weather Underground Password (Station Key).
- Select the Connection Device the sensor is added to.
- Select the sensor.
- Select Save.
Should I ground my weather station?
Grounding for the weather station is for lightning and static protection, rather than protection from faults (bonding). You will not be able to provide adequate grounding to protect against a direct lightning strike.
How do I get weather Underground on my weather station?
Can you calibrate La Crosse weather station?
Temperatures range from -39.8°F to 139.8°F and humidity ranges are 3% to 99% (%RH). These sensors can not be calibrated. The primary cause of inaccurate readings is mounting/placements issue.
Is there a remote weather station in La Crosse?
Our new Remote Monitoring Weather Station features wind speed, rain, indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity data, daily high and low temperature records, dynamic forecast icons, and a new Wi-Fi connected option, which will allow you to see all of your sensor data in our new La Crosse View app. Already own this product? Register it here
How tall does a La Crosse temperature sensor need to be?
– La Crosse Technology Location of your outdoor temperature sensor is important. Note: Temporarily secure sensors in place for a few hours before permanently mounting them, to be sure they will read to your clock or weather station from that location. Mount the sensor vertically at least 6 feet off the ground.
How does the c84428 weather station work?
The C84428 station can display data from one Temperature & Humidity (TH) sensor, one Wind Sensor and one Rain Sensor. Add-on sensor data will appear in the La Crosse View app. View Sensor compatibility. Looking to Add-on and expand the capability of your system?
How does La Crosse Technology track your comfort level?
La Crosse Technology’s Indoor Comfort Level Station is sleek and accurate. Monitor indoor temperature and humidity, track MIN/MAX records, and determine your room’s comfort level with smiley icon that appears at the ideal room humidity. La Crosse Technology’s Indoor Comfort Level Station is sleek and accurate.