How many states are there in West India?
Western India – Wikitravel. Western India comprises three large states, one small state and two minuscule union territories.
Which states belongs to West India?
States In west india
- dadra and nager haveli.
- daman and diu.
Which are the eastern and western states of India?
Zonal Maps of India
- North Zone: North zone of India houses the sates of Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand , Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.
- East Zone: the east zone is comprised of states of Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand, and West Bengal.
- West Zone: This zone has the states of Rajasthan , Gujarat, Goa and Maharashtra.
How many states are there in north west India?
Context in source publication mules and ponies about 69% equids (0.82 million) confined to North and North-western regions comprising six agro-climatic zones containing eight states viz., Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
How many states are in western?
As defined by the United States Census Bureau, the Western region of the United States includes 13 states, with a total 2020 population of 78,588,572. The West is one of the most sparsely settled areas in the United States with 49.5 inhabitants per square mile (19/km2).
Which is the most western part of India?
- Ghuar Mota in the Kutch region of Gujarat is the Westernmost point of India.
- It is located near the disputed Sir Creek and the Koteshwar temple, at 23.713°N 68.032°E.
- The village comes under the administration of the Narayan Sarovar panchayat.
Which are the North West states of India?
On the front side of the print map you’ll find India’s far northwestern corner, including the Kashmir region and the great Himalaya range, as well as the states Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and the National Capital Territory.
Which state comes under Northwest?
Which is north west state of India?
The North and western Indian states include Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhatisgarh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Goa. Along with these, the neighboring countries of Nepal and Pakistan fall under this region.
Where are the 11 Western states?
(o) The term “eleven contiguous Western States” means the States of Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
What are the 12 states in the West?
the West, region, western U.S., mostly west of the Great Plains and including, by federal government definition, Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.