How to reset a onkyo dvd player?
hold the STOP [ ] button until “RESET” appears on the display (about 10 seconds).
How do you fix a DVD player that says disk read error?
How to Fix Sony or Other DVD Player Not Reading/Loading Disc?
- Check if the disc is placed correctly and if the disc is in good condition. Make sure the disc isn’t put in upside down and also ensure the disc isn’t out of alignment in the loading tray.
- Check DVD player’s loading tray, laser lens and servo alignment.
Why has my DVD player stopped reading discs?
When the DVD player says no disc, it means the sensor is not recognizing a disc in the tray. The cleaning should help solve this problem but it may persist. Try a number of different discs to see if the problem is disc-related. Use commercial discs and nothing homemade or pirated as those are not likely to read.
Why does DVD player say Cannot play this disc?
Check if ‘cannot play (this) disc’ message appears for specific disc or every inserted disc. If the error happens with a specific one, the disc itself is the problem. It may be dirty, scratched, or not compatible with the player. Try cleaning it if you see fingerprints, smudges or dust on the disc.
Why does my DVD player keep saying no disc?
No-disc errors are usually caused when the DVD or the laser-lens pickup has become dirty and causes the DVD player to not be able to read the DVD. You may need to upgrade to a newer model, most of which accept the latest DVD formats. Clean the laser lens with a DVD laser lens cleaning disc.
How do you fix a DVD player that won’t play?
How to Fix DVD Won’t Play – 7 Solutions
- Solution 1: Check if the DVD type is incompatible with DVD player.
- Solution 2: Clean the dirty DVD or try a different disc.
- Solution 3: Ensure solid connection between DVD player and TV.
- Solution 4: Install Third Party DVD Player Software.
- Solution 5: Update DVD Firmware.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
Here are a few methods to try to fix your scratched disc at home:
- Rubbing Alcohol Method: Get a lint free non scratching cloth.
- Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste.
- Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half.
- Skip Scratch Fixer Method:
- Petroleum Jelly Method:
What do you do if your DVD won’t play?
Why does my CD player say error?
What this means is that the CD player, for some reason, does not recognize the disc. There are various reasons for this error, from the CD lens eye being dirty to a CD format that is incompatible with the player. Troubleshoot through process of elimination.