Is this sentence a complex sentence?
A complex sentence is a sentence with one independent clause and at least one dependent clause. Complex sentences are easy to spot as they often use subordinating conjunctions like because, since, or until to connect clauses.
What are examples of compound complex sentences?
Compound Complex Sentences Examples
- When I grow up, I want to be a ballerina, and my mom is proud of me.
- I will get to watch television, but first, I have to clean up the dishes after we finish eating.
- We won the game, but my uniform was muddy because it rained the entire time.
How do you fix a complex compound sentence?
Use a semicolon to connect two closely related or parallel independent clauses. Independent clause; independent clause. Use a semicolon before and a comma after a transition that connects two independent clauses. If the transition is short, the comma may not be necessary.
What is complex sentence give two examples?
A complex sentence has one independent clause and at least one dependent clause. This means that the clauses are not equal, they use a co-ordinating conjunction that changes the rank of one or more of the clauses to make it less equal. For example; My Dad laughed when I told a joke.
What are 10 examples of compound complex sentences?
10 examples of compound complex sentences
- If the ozone layer collapses, the global community will suffer.
- While I was cooking he was still playing games on the computer.
- Although I miss him so much, I cannot go to him because I do not have money.
What makes a complex sentence?
A complex sentence is formed by adding one or more subordinate (dependent) clauses to the main (independent) clause using conjunctions and/or relative pronouns. Complex sentences contain more than one clause (verb group).