What are 10 facts about New Jersey?
10 Facts About New Jersey That You Might Know
- New Jersey is referred to the Diner Capital of the world.
- New Jersey’s state dance is square dancing.
- New Jersey has the tallest water tower in the world, it’s in Union.
- We have more engineers and scientists per square mile than anywhere else in the world.
What is unique about NJ?
New Jersey has the most dense system of highways and railroads in the U.S. Picturesque Cape May holds the distinction of being the oldest seashore resort in the United States and one of the most unique. New Jersey has the most diners in the world and is sometimes referred to as the diner capital of the world.
What is New Jersey known for?
The state also boasts an impressive musical legacy–Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi and Frank Sinatra all hail from New Jersey. It is known as industrial center, but earns its “Garden State” nickname–New Jersey is a leading producer of cranberries, blueberries and tomatoes.
What are 3 fun facts about New Jersey?
30 Fun Facts About New Jersey
- New Jersey has the highest density population of any state in the U.S.
- 90% of all people who live in New Jersey live in what is considered an urban area.
- More cars are stolen in the city of Newark than any other city in the United States.
- New Jersey has a state seashell.
What is NJ nickname?
The Garden State
Abraham Browning of Camden is given credit for giving New Jersey the nickname the Garden State. According to Alfred Heston’s 1926 two-volume book Jersey Waggon Jaunts, Browning called New Jersey the Garden State while speaking at the Philadelphia Centennial exhibition on New Jersey Day (August 24, 1876).
What is New Jersey’s state bird?
New Jersey/State bird
What counts as a fun fact?
If you were to make a list of “fun facts about me,” what would you include?
- Think about your childhood and any interesting, unusual, or relevant events or situations.
- Consider your family and any unique characters or funny stories about them.
- What about your talents and skills?
What are 5 fun facts about New Jersey?
What is New Jersey’s state color?
Its official color is buff, which is a yellowish-tan color. The colors of the state flag, buff and dark blue (Jersey blue), were the colors George Washington chose for the flag of New Jersey’s army regiments during the Revolutionary War. The state seal is featured on the flag.
What are 10 interesting facts about New Jersey?
10 Interesting Facts about New Jersey. 1. New Jersey has the most diners in the world. 2. Atlantic City New Jersey has the longest boardwalk in the world. 3. New Jersey is a peninsula. 4. Newark Liberty International airport is the nations busiest airport. 5. The Pulaski Skyway was the first skyway ever built.
What are facts in a list about New Jersey?
New Jersey Quick Facts On December 18, 1787 New Jersey ratified the U.S. New Jersey is one of the smallest states of all 50 states. The state capital of New Jersey is Trenton. The population of New Jersey is 8,899,339 (source 2013 United States Census Bureau estimate) making it the 11th most populated US state.
What is New Jersey famous for?
Great Thinkers. New Jersey was home to some of the greatest thinkers and inventors of all time.
What’s great about New Jersey?
New Jersey is a beautiful state (give credit where it’s due) with plenty of shore towns and beloved diners. Its rural farmland is a source of fresh local produce that you’ll find displayed on farm stands, albeit mostly in summer.