What are good discussion questions for The Hunger Games?
The Hunger Games – Book Club Discussion Questions and Answers
- How does Katniss feel about the country of Panem?
- Describe Katniss’s relationships with Gale, with Prim, and with her mother.
- How does the fact that the tributes are always on camera affect their behavior from the time they are chosen?
Why was Katniss called the girl on fire?
Katniss’s fire dress earns her the epithet “the girl who was on fire,” and this title comes to pertain to more than just her dress. During the Games, the phrase takes on a literal meaning after Katniss is struck in the leg by a fireball and thinks the Gamemakers must be laughing at “the girl who was on fire.”
How do you read the Hunger Games series?
- Book 1. The Hunger Games. Book 1. The Hunger Games.
- Book 2. Catching Fire. Book 2. Catching Fire.
- Book 3. Mockingjay. Book 3. Mockingjay.
- Book 4. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (A Hunger Games Novel) Book 4. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (A Hunger Games Novel)
When did Katniss check Peeta’s wounds?
Terms in this set (6) When Katniss checks Peeta’s wounds, she diagnoses him with what condition? Blood poisoning.
Who comes to say goodbye to Katniss Hunger Games?
Summary: Chapter 3 Katniss is escorted into the Justice Building and left in a room. Her mother and sister are brought in to say their goodbyes, and Katniss makes her mother promise not to fall apart again. She tells them she loves them as they’re led out. Peter Mellark’s father, the baker, comes in.
Why is 13 reasons why banned?
Ahead of its third season, Netflix made the decision to remove the controversial and explicit suicide scene, two years after the show’s debut. They were allegedly given advice from medial experts, according to The Hollywood Reporter, as they wanted to ensure proper action was taking place to protect fans.
What is the meaning of 3 fingers in Hunger Games?
Katniss Everdeen. The Three Finger Salute is used by District 12 residents when they have to say thanks or just to show that the person is loved and respected by them. It’s a gesture of admiration, gratitude and saying goodbye to someone you love.
What is the correct order of The Hunger Games books?
The Hunger Games
- The Hunger Games (2008)
- Catching Fire (2009)
- Mockingjay (2010)
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (2020)
Is Hunger Games a book series?
The Hunger Games2008
The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes2020Catching Fire2009Mockingjay2010
The Hunger Games/Books
What was the society like in The Hunger Games?
Compare the society in Panem (the government, its tight control on the population, and the growing rebellion) to others that you have studied or encountered in books or films. Consider historical and contemporary nations as well as fictional worlds.
Are there any parallels between The Hunger Games and history?
Can you see parallels between these Games and the society that condones them, and other related events and cultures in the history of the world? 13. In 1848, Karl Marx wrote in The Communist Manifesto, “The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.”
What’s the difference between The Hunger Games and catching fire?
1. Discuss the differences between the Games in the first volume and the second — the training sessions, the interviews, the set-up of the Arena, the strategies that Katniss and Peeta use. How is each of them changed by the time they spend in the Arena? 2. What are the forces that contribute to the rebellion in Catching Fire?
Is the Hunger Games a reality TV show?
Reality TV has been a part of the entertainment world since the early days of television (with shows such as “Candid Camera” and the “Miss America Pageant”), but in the 21st century there has been a tremendous growth of competitive shows and survival shows. Discuss this phenomenon with respect to The Hunger Games.