What are some popular monologues?
Here are some of the best movie monologues.
- American Psycho – “Morning Routine”
- Queen & Slim- “What Do You Want?”
- Star Wars Episode V – “I Am Your Father”
- Whiplash – “Break Up”
- It’s A Wonderful Life – “Lasso the Moon”
- The Big Lebowski – “I’m the Dude”
- Training Day- “King Kong”
- Rudy – Fortune’s Truth.
Where can I find good monologues?
But where do I find the monologues?
- WorldCat is your friend.
- Befriend your librarian.
- The National New Play Network operates the New Play Exchange.
- Most playwrights have agents or websites with contact information.
- Look for lists.
- Used bookstores are treasure troves.
- New Dramatists.
How do you find a monologue that suits you?
10 Tips For Choosing The Best Monologue For You
- Know your casting type and be realistic about it.
- Know your age range.
- Play to your strengths.
- Choose a monologue with shifts in emotion.
- Choose one that matches the role you are going for.
- If they haven’t specified timings, keep it short.
- Choose a strong character.
What’s a good monologue to perform?
10 Best Audition Monologues for Actors – Female/Drama
- Beautiful Day.
- Protective Shield.
- Smile Pretty, Alice.
- I Can’t Win.
- Contents Flammable.
- Don’t Leave Me Without Muffin.
- Two Shades Away.
What are good monologues?
A monologue that starts in one place and ends up somewhere entirely different will make the tension more dramatic, the characters more compelling, and your script much better. A good monologue should be alternatively funny, harrowing, and touching, pointing on no one emotion or no one state by itself.
What are some good audition monologues?
10 Best Audition Monologues for Actors Darling Face Fungus Among Us Dog Anxiety Phone Calls Food For Thought Underwhelm Ready, Aim, AIM Kick In The Pants Crappy Pants Rather Be A Man
What are some dramatic monologues from plays?
17 Dramatic Monologues For Women “Set down, set down your honourable load…” – Lady Anne Neville from ‘Richard III’. “And for that matter I have no secrets.” – Julie from ‘Miss Julie’. “My sister, Veronica, and I did this double act…” – Velma Kelly from ‘Chicago’. “I dream of a place where we could be together at last…” – Audrey from ‘Little Shop Of Horrors’.
What are some female monologues from a play?
7 Female Monologues from Published Plays 7 Female Monologues from Published Plays Protective Shield. In this one-act play, Rita talks to her friend about the problem she believes she has about communicating better with people. Shadows of My Mind. No Comparison. Beautiful Day. The Bear. Coffee Table. Two Shades Away.