What does perilously mean?
adjective. involving or full of grave risk or peril; hazardous; dangerous: a perilous voyage across the Atlantic in a small boat.
What does perilously close mean?
somewhat formal. : at or to a point where one is in great danger of (something happening) The company was perilously close to bankruptcy.
What is the sentence of perilously?
2, We came perilously close to disaster. 3, Supplies are perilously low. 4, They were perilously close to the edge of the precipice. 5, She came perilously close to getting herself killed in her attempt to break the world record.
Is advantageously a word?
adj. Affording advantage; favorable or beneficial. ad′van·ta′geous·ly adv.
What is the meaning of the word decried?
transitive verb. 1 : to depreciate (something, such as a coin) officially or publicly the king may at any time decry … any coin of the kingdom— William Blackstone. 2 : to express strong disapproval of decry the emphasis on sex … has decried the medical marijuana ballot initiative as being rife with loopholes.—
What is a tactical skill?
Tactical skills are defined as “the decisions and actions of players in the contest to gain an advantage over the opposing team or players” (Martens, Successful Coaching, p.
How do you use the word tactical?
of or pertaining to tactic or tactics.
- The police were forced to make a tactical withdrawal.
- I think he made a tactical blunder by announcing it so far ahead of time.
- Her withdrawal from the contest was a tactical manoeuvre.
- The coach showed considerable tactical shrewdness.
- It was a tactical vote.
What are different types of context clues?
The five types of context clues are:
- Definition/Explanation Clues. Sometimes a word’s or phrase’s meaning is explained immediately after its use.
- Restatement/Synonym Clues. Sometimes a hard word or phrase is said in a simple way.
- Contrast/Antonym Clues.
- Inference/General Context Clues.
How do you use perplexed in a sentence?
Perplexed sentence example
- “What are you talking about?” he asked in a perplexed tone.
- She was perplexed by this creature.
- He stared at her with a perplexed expression and finally shook his head.
- His expression transformed slowly from perplexed to comprehension.