What is Qkview file?
The qkview utility is an executable program that generates machine-readable (XML) diagnostic data and combines the data into a single compressed Tape ARchive (TAR) format file. You can upload this file, called a QKView file, to F5 iHealth, or give it to F5 Support to help them troubleshoot any issues.
Where is Qkview file stored?
Note: You can only save QKView files in the /var/tmp/ directory and its subdirectories. The system prepends any file name you provide using the -f option with /var/tmp/, unless the file name already begins with /var/tmp/.
How do I upload Qkview to F5?
This behavior may cause an additional performance burden on systems that are already under heavy load.
- Log in to the Configuration utility.
- Navigate to System > Support.
- Click New Support Snapshot.
- For Health Utility, click Generate QKView.
- Click Start.
- To download the output file, click Download.
How can I create Qkview file in big-IQ?
To generate a qkview file for the BIG-IQ, you must use the command-line procedure.
- Log in to the command line.
- To run the qkview utility, type the following command: qkview.
- The output file name displays when the command has completed.
How do I check my F5 Loadtime balance?
To verify the system’s uptime using the BIG-IP command line, perform the following procedure:
- Login to command line using the serial console or SSH.
- Run the uptime command.
- Review the time reported immediately after the word up. NOTE: The time reported is listed in days, hours, and minutes.
How do I test my F5 Health Monitor?
Impact of procedure: Performing the following procedure should not have a negative impact on your system.
- Go to Local Traffic > Monitors.
- Select the name of the monitor you want to test.
- Select the Test tab.
- For Address, type the IP address and port number of the destination host.
- Select Test.
- Verify the test result.
How do you get logs from f5?
- Log in to the BIG-IP command line.
- To change to the /var/log directory, enter the following command: cd /var/log.
- Use a Linux utility such as cat, or less, to review the log file. For example, to view the ltm log file, enter the following command: cat ltm.
Where are UCS files stored F5?
By default, the BIG-IP system saves the UCS archive file in the /var/local/ucs directory. If you do not include an extension, the system appends the . ucs extension to the file. Note: F5 recommends that you include the BIG-IP hostname and current timestamp as part of the filename for ease of identification.
How do I get UCS from F5?
- Log in to the Configuration utility.
- Go to System > Archives.
- Select the UCS archive you want to restore.
- If the UCS archive is encrypted, enter the passphrase for the encrypted UCS archive file for Restore Passphrase.
- To initiate the UCS archive restore process, select Restore.
How to upload a qkview file to BIG-IP iHealth?
You can upload this file, called a QKView file, to BIG-IP iHealth, or give it to F5 Technical Support to help them troubleshoot any issues. You must meet the following prerequisites to use these procedures: You have administrator or resource administrator access to the Configuration utility.
What can I use qkview utility for?
The qkview utility is a program that you can use to automatically collect configuration and diagnostic information from BIG-IP, BIG-IQ, F5 iWorkflow, and Enterprise Manager systems.
How to upload qkviews to F5 cloud Docs?
Password: Click the Test button to validate that your credentials work. Click the Save & Close button in the lower right. Click the QKview Upload Schedules button in the BIG-IP iHealth menu. Click Save & Close.
How to generate qkview diagnostic data on F5 BIG-IP Austral Tech?
This behavior may cause an additional performance burden on systems that are already under heavy load. Log in to the Configuration utility. Navigate to System > Support. Click New Support Snapshot. For Health Utility, click Generate QKView. Click Start. To download the output file, click Download.