Where is the SMBus Controller driver?
Download and Install the Chipset Driver
- Browse to Dell Support website.
- Identify your Dell product:
- On the product support page, select Drivers and downloads.
- Toggle the Show drivers for Service Tag button to retrieve a list of the drivers for your system’s factory-installed hardware and other recommended drivers.
What is SMBus Controller in Device Manager?
SM Bus Controller or System Management Controller is a Chipset on the Motherboard. Its main purpose is to monitor the board’s voltage and temperature.
What is SMBus Controller used for?
What is Dell SMBus Controller?
SM Bus Controller is a chipset on the motherboard that monitors the voltage and temperature of the board. If you see a warning icon in front of SM Bus Controller in Device Manager on your Dell computer, it indicates that the hardware is not recognized by Windows or its driver is not properly installed.
Is SMBus controller necessary?
The SM Bus Controller, also known as the SMBus or System Management Bus, is a set of integrated circuits, or chipset, located within a personal computer. Computer owners usually don’t need to worry about this low level hardware device unless it stops functioning.
How do I update SMBus Controller?
There are two ways to update your SM Bus Controller driver:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now.
- Click Update next to the device whose name contains “SM Bus Controller” to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can install it manually.
How do I reinstall a Universal Serial Bus controller?
Reinstall USB controller driver
- Press Windows Key + R then type: devmgmt.msc. and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Right-click a device and select Uninstall.
- Repeat for each device.
- Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.
What network controller do I have?
Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security. Under System, click Device Manager. Double-click Network adapters to expand the section. Right-click the Ethernet Controller with the exclamation mark and select Properties.
Where do I find the SM bus controller?
Go to device manager and see if any devices are showing with a yellow triangle. When I go into “Device Manager” on the left hand side of the window there is a tab listed as “Other devices”. When you click the tab other devices, it shows SM Bus Controller with the yellow triangle… Have you installed the chipset driver?
Is the Intel SMBus controller recognized by Windows?
Download and run the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility so Windows* properly recognizes the SMBus controller. SMBus is the System Management Bus used in personal computers and servers for low-speed, system management communications. A SMBus controller is integrated into most Intel® chipsets.
What does SMBus stand for in computer category?
SMBus is the System Management Bus used in personal computers and servers for low-speed, system management communications.